ON THIS SIDE OF ETERNITY, NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THE JOY OF GIVING HOPE TO THE DOWNTRODDEN.
– Ibife Alufohai (Mrs), Founder, PIRF
Polo International Relief Foundation is a charity organization aimed towards upholding and improving quality education and health care with innovative projects that will will have positive impact on the lives of individuals living in the most impoverished regions as well as offer them physical, financial and even emotional relief. Our focus is anchored on Quality Education for all, Prosperous Society and Basic Health Care for all.
A Focus on Health and Education
However, education can not take place without health. Students, teachers and the society cannot learn, work and lead productive lives without sound health.
This is why Polo International Relief Foundation (PIRF) focuses on both health and education because they are quite important to quality living and almost absolutely inseparable.
In the societies we chose to serve, our most fundamental work is to critically research the big issues around health and education from diverse perspectives in order to design solutions that are applicable, effective and of course sustainable.
We also strategically use all available means to initiate and widen the conversations around the big issues we seek to address in order to:
1. create awareness about the need to find an urgent solution
2. educate stakeholders about the risk in neglecting these issues
3. attract solution providers especially those who have solved or are solving similar problems in other climes and societies
4. attract sponsors, donors, volunteers and advisers who would combine efforts to change the narratives around the issues in focus.
Social and Economic Development Through Health & Education
Sponsor A Child
Adopt A School
MOST RECENT PROJECT
Support for: "The Special School For The Handicapped, Borokiri, Portharcourt."
On the wet and chilly morning of Thursday, the 11th of July 2019, the "Polo International Relief Foundation" Team paid a love visit to "The Special School For the Handicapped, Borokiri, Portharcourt". After careful consultation with the School's management about the pressing needs of the school, the Foundation donated the following to the school:
- 1 Electric Power Generating Set
- Customized Higher Education notebooks
- Rims of A4 paper for printing
- Text books
- Joy of sign Language Text Book
- Sporting equipment
- Jersey for the school as they go to represent Rivers in The National Competition of the Handicapped Children
- Money for the trip (feeding, transportation etc)
GIVING IS GOOD MEDICINE
Every person whose life is improved or saved, stems from an act of generosity that’s purely voluntary. You don’t have to, but we consider it extraordinary when you do. Please Click the button below to donate to support our projects.
quote of the month:
“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan
From Our Founder
My Lifelong Dream
Education allows us to connect the dots of the various pieces of information we garner and interpret it based on our own diaspora and uniqueness. Education brightens the colours of life with rays of boundless innovative imaginations. One thing I wish I could do is to provide education for all: no child left behind and change the world for good.
Like me, If you want to change the world, please click the button below to find out ways you can join hands with us to make a difference.
Ibife Alufohai (Mrs)